Monday, September 04, 2006

This'n'that

Not a whole lot going on, other than laundry. For some reason, it doesn't matter how many times I fill the washer, I still have more to go. It will never end, I fear! Just when I thought I was nearing the end of the pile, I opened the closet door of the laundry room, and found Travis' secret stash of dirty clothes; apparently he stuffed them there while cleaning his room. *aaaaaargh*

Well, boys will be going back to school on Wednesday. None of them are actually ready... we haven't bought a darn thing :o) Eric and Travis are going into grade 11 and Jamie is starting grade 8. How come everyone is getting older but me? By the way, Jamie now wishes to be addressed as James or Jimmy from now on. I know right now that I will not be able to remember that... he will always be my l'il Jamie :o)

Heard the news about the Crocodile Hunter - I feel for his wife and kids. After all the risks he's taken, it really seems unfair that a stingray would be his undoing. I think if I were her, I would not want to be hearing "oh well, he died doing what he loved"... he shouldn't have died at all. I can't even imagine how hard it would be for someone to have to deal with this in the public eye, either. It's all just so sad.

I better show a photo to make us feel better. Here's Caitlyn and Jamie, admiring each other:

5 comments:

Fireguy said...

Must be the mutual admiration society...nice picture!

NanNan said...

Cute picture-- too bad we couldn't see what they are both thinking at that moment--
I know what you mean about that comment-- what he loved doing best-- uh,uh, I somehow think the moments he spent holding his children and wife make all the wild animals pale in comparison-- it is so sad, reminds me of the outpouring of grief for Diana-- some people transcend race, culture,age- and find their way into hearts all over the world--
But about that laundry--- bad news, it never goes away--- and when it does, I'm sure we'll be wishing it back!!! take care-- love to you and yours---

Tuffysmom said...

What a nice picture - naturally I stole it. I agree with you about that comment. I was so shocked when I heard the news..and to be killed by a relatively benign animal is just so ironic. I feel for his wife and kids. They were such a close family. It's just so sad.
About the laundry, If I were there I could be doing all that laundry for you. I like doing laundry..gives me a feeling of accomplishment! I sure miss you guys a lot...Hope the boys do well in school this year.
Love all of you with all my heart...tons and tons of love.
You guys are my heart.
Lots of love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

Funnyface said...

Never ending laundry. I know I do aleast 2 loads every day, and no small children....
What a beautiful picture.Now that would make anyone smile:)

Tuffysmom said...

I keep looking at this picture over and over..and I can see the love in Jamie's eyes! What a guy!
Love Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx