Thursday, August 31, 2006

Home again, home again, Jiggity Jig

Whew - it's been forever since I've been able to blog! I have so much to catch up on, I may have to neglect my household responsibilities for a while :o) It's nice to be home again... and the house is still standing (quite a bit messier, but at least still standing). To the best of my knowledge, there have been no fires, no visits by policemen, no crazy parties under Eric's rule. Lots of dog pee, though *ugh*

Anyway, the wedding was nice - Todd's brother Brad is now married to his long-time live-in girlfriend Michlyn

They were married in a big, catholic-churchy affair, in 200-degree-C weather (no air-conditioning), lots of standing, kneeling, sitting, kneeling, standing, etc. Then, the 652 photos afterward, in the burning sun. Then, the huge dinner (the food was really good!), a million toasts, lots of wine. Then, the obligatory dance, with the tacky emcee, silly games, bad music, drunk relatives, crazy dancing, tired kids running around, and so on. Then, the drunken revelry in various hotel rooms, until everybody finally collapsed. Fun, no? Hee hee hee

Caitlyn enjoyed the dance - she loves music, and the lights were fascinating to her. She was pretty darn cute in her party dresses (she had to change the first one after spitting up all over herself, and Todd's suit jacket, incidentally). She was the belle of the ball... after the bride, of course :o)


We did a little bit of site-seeing in Ottawa - not as much as we wanted to, but we did make it to the Museum of Science and Technology, the War Museum, and the Museum of Civilization. Jamie and Travis had a good time at the hotel, in the "water park" - a swimming pool that had a wave-maker and a water slide. We drove a million miles to see Paul and Silvia in Borden, ended up staying two nights. Paul and Todd had fun, but I don't know if Silvia will be wanting us to drop in again any time soon! On the trip home, we stopped in New Brunswick to visit Dad and Dianne, and managed to have a short lunch visit with my Mommy. Final stop was in Cape Breton, for another wedding reception for Brad and Mich - more dancing to bad music while drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. It was fun, though. Sadly, I couldn't get many photos of the trip, because my camera broke just moments before the wedding began! So, I have to wait for others to send me copies of their photos... ~sigh~

Well, gotta get a coffee, and see if Caitlyn is where I left her *ha ha ha* Oh, and I must catch up on all my family's blogs :o)

5 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Sounds like you had a really good time..buy my God, 200 degrees Centigrade! That IS hot. Hehehehe. Caitlyn looked lovely in her dress..Wish your camera hadn't broken! I don't Silvia will mind having you there again as long as she doesn't have to work the next day! I didn't realize that Borden was a million miles from Cornwall...quite a drive!
Glad you had a good time...wish you could have visited longer with us..but I'll take what I can get!
Lots and lots of love,
Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

NanNan said...

Welcome back, we missed you, and were getting sick of looking at Miss Piggy-- I guess that family knows how to party-on!!! Never heard of a reception being in another province!!! Thank God for Caitlyn and paternity leave!!!! She looks like a doll, and getting older so fast-- next thing you know, it'll be her wedding!!!! love you guys

Tuffysmom said...

Gads..I hope I live long enough to see her wedding..but I doubt it. She's not even allowed to date until she's 30..hahahahahahaha!

Fireguy said...

Welcome back to the brood - lots to get caught up on, right?
Glad you had a good time.

Gillian said...

I spent soooo many hours in the Museum of civ... I LOVE the canada Hall in there... I remember the first time i went and when my brother was visiting me at university of ottawa, we planned to go from 10 am until 1 and ended up only leaving at 5 pm...
Sounds like a very fun trip!

G. (one of nannan's former students, thats how I got in thne blog loop, LOL)