Thursday, September 14, 2006

Another year begun...

Well, I have a few minutes to myself, so here I am! The boys are in school, and Todd has taken Caitlyn to her appointment to get her 2nd set of needles. I took her last time, and I almost couldn't bear it when she cried - that was the first time I had really heard her cry from pain. Horrible! So, I made Todd take her today. I may have to console both of them when they get back.

Anyway, first full week of school is almost over, and things seem to be going well. Eric and Travis are both pretty happy with their courses. High school here is loosely organized like university; students have to pick 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year courses from a whole catalogue of choices, so their course load is pretty much custom made (aside from the basic required ones, like English, Math, etc.). Eric wanted to take a 3rd year music course, but there weren't enough students, so it was cancelled; he chose business and some kind of career development thing instead, so that might be interesting. Travis' favorite pick so far is an introductory law course... like he needs instruction in arguing!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa......

Jamie has the same homeroom teacher he had last year, so he'll have a hard time convincing her he should be sent home 'cause he's sick - she has caught on to his cute, eyelash-batting tricks! She seems to be a good teacher, though - easy to get in touch with, and she likes Jamie, so she keeps an interest in what he's doing. Our goal this year is to get through every single week without missing one day of school. He already tried to skip off today, claiming a sore throat, but I girded my loins, and forced him out the door anyway. Hopefully the school will not be calling by lunch time for me to go get him!

I am slowly making my way through all the boxes I packed last winter, finding my stuff and getting this house all home-y. Todd's not a big fan of nick nacks, but I am showing him the error of his ways. His cousin was over not too long ago, and said it wasn't hard to see Todd was living with a woman - he has finally evolved from "early bachelor pad" decorating! Believe it or not, one year, Todd and Travis had decorated their Christmas tree with beer bottles and plastic ornaments from a vodka company. ~sigh~ Yep, they needed me!

I'll leave you with a pic taken last month, in a hotel room in Ottawa. Behold the mighty baby girl who stands with only the slightest assistance from a big brother!

4 comments:

Fireguy said...

Thanks for the update and picture - I'm just glad that this Travis's name isn't "Twit" - er, I mean "Tritt".
And Caitlyn is SOO cute!

NanNan said...

That little girl will be so loved and Yes, Todd needed a double dose of estrogen in his life--- so did you need that little girl, way too much testosterone !!!
Can't wait till you show them what a proper Christmas tree looks like--- and a house without knick knacks is not a home----

NanNan said...

I forgot to add how obvious it is how much her big brothers love her----- how beautiful--- and I've never seen a child look so hybrid--- I see both of her parents at the same time--- neat--

Tuffysmom said...

Yes..lots of knick-knacks. We are knick-knackers for sure. Got that from Mom I guess...Her place was always full of beautiful knicks knacks. I love them too...just don't like dusting them...hehehehehe.
Caitlyn is so gorgeous..I miss her...and you too of course.
Love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx