Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Scary days ahead...

Hallowe'en is coming! Normally I don't do too much for it (actually, what I like to do is turn off all the lights, and hide very quietly - pretending I'm not home because I've already eaten all the candy I bought... twice). Todd, on the other hand, is getting excited. He wants to decorate inside and out, and let kids come in the house to do a tour. Surely we can come to some compromise! I don't want herds of children wandering through my home for hours on end. Wait a second... I have that every day! Now, that's scary! I don't know yet what Eric and Travis are doing for Hallowe'en - they both say they're too old to dress up, but it's not hard to tell that they would love to. Travis is thinking of going to the Harbour Haunt this year. I've never gone, the line up is usually too long for impatient me, but I've heard it's really good. Maybe one day I'll go for it. I think Eric will be playing a show with one of his bands - he would love a recipe for fake blood if anyone has a good one (the last batch we tried came out looking like berry jelly - purple and gelatinous jelly). Jamie can't make up his mind for a costume, which means we'll be scrambling at the last minute, as usual. Todd has already gotten a costume for Caitlyn, since she'll probably be helping to answer the door all night. She had a dress rehearsal just this past weekend:
Pretty Witch
Hey - it's after midnight. I'm Forty Years Old now! I thought I was feeling a little old just then. Wonder if Todd is making me a cake this year. Last year was the first time he ever baked anything. Wasn't that sweet - his first foray into baking was especially for me :o) Look at this gorgeous cake!
Birthday cake
At one point it said "Happy Birthday Michelle"... but then the frosting melted. Now he knows to let the cake cool first. *smirk*

2 comments:

NanNan said...

OMG--what a beautiful picture of Caitlyn!! Those big eyes-- so much yet to behold!!
It cracks me up why we anti-social females are attracted to outgoing sociable men!!! Maybe it 's for the balance,, meet in the middle-- let Todd decorate the lawn and front steps/porch,, but stake your claim to the inside of the house!! These poor men---- funny!! love

Tuffysmom said...

Hi Mikki...glad to see the picture of Caitlyn...what a cute litte witch! We're slowly but surely getting settled in. I've got a lot of cleaning to do as I said in my blog. But, I've got lots of time I guess.
Miss you guys and love you a lot.
Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx