Thursday, June 01, 2006

New Newest Driver and News

Well, now we are really in for it... Eric also has passed the written test, and has his beginners' permit to drive. I am worried this will turn into a big competition between the boys... you know, who can do what first, best, etc. Todd and I want to get them both set up in driver's ed, to spare ourselves the stress of having to teach them ourselves. Travis at least has had some experience starting a vehicle and shifting a standard, but poor Eric is a total newbie. I can see it now - Eric learning to get out of our driveway in my Matrix. I think it could look a little like this:

See? There's Eric, in the driver's seat, while my Matrix burns...

Anyway, I took Caitlyn to the breastfeeding clinic today - she has made it to the 7lb mark!! She is growing like crazy, which is nice to see. Right now, though, she has all these yucky little pimples all over her face. The nurse at the clinic says I have to leave them alone... I am terrible for picking at my children, and I don't know if I will be able to leave the poor baby alone! I will do my best, though.

I guess I might have exaggerated in the title of this little blog - there really isn't any more news. Each day blurs into the next, with no real discernable difference. But, like they say, no news is good news :o)

3 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Hey, you made me laugh first thing in the morning, even before I had my tea...thanks! Good photo editing, although the thought of it chills my heart. I well remember when I was teaching you to drive a standard. (Shudder) But Driver's Ed is a very good idea.
Caitlyn is growing fast and that's good...and Don't pick at her pimples! I'm a picker too, and I know how terrible it is to resist the urge. But you don't want to scar her for life! Concentrate on picking on Eric, he likes it.

NanNan said...

SCARY picture!!Maybe you could turn this competitive stuff to your benefit- who can do the most dishes? who can have the cleanest room contest? Yeah, right! From the picture, Caitlyn looks more than 7lbs- all healthy and rosy-discernable- good word!!!

NanNan said...

Mikki, we need some new pictures of that growing baby-