Thursday, June 29, 2006

Life is strange

Jamie and I were chatting today, and he said he still finds it so strange how things have changed so much, so quickly. He still remembers life before his Dad got sick, and how hard it was just after Max died; yet, here we are, in a completely new life, almost as if by magic. It's not just life that is strange, but the perception of time. Sometimes, for both Jamie and me, it seems like just yesterday that we were a family of four, with no idea of how easily everything can be turned upside down. Then we look at where we are now, and are amazed - we have a new house, a new baby, more people and dogs and relatives... We had no idea we'd end up here. Luckily, this seems to be a good place to be. Still, Jamie and I agree, we had to give up an awful lot to get to this place, and we can't help but wonder how life would be now if nothing had changed in the first place. For me, today in particular has been spent thinking about that... on June 28, 1986, Max and I were married. We knew we would be doing something really special for our 20th anniversary - but, here I am, one remembering for two. I hope where ever he is, he is remembering, too.
June 28,1986

4 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Hi Mikki. I love that picture. I have it on my computer too. I knew yesterday was your Anniversary and I was wondering how you were doing. Yes, things can change in the blink of an eye. But, I'm glad you feel you are in a good place now. It's good that Jamie can talk so freely about his Dad...I know how much he misses him, but it seems he misses him in a healthy way. As do you. Love you and thinking of you always...Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

NanNan said...

It was such an honour to be a part of your wedding- and I've never met two boys who love their mother more than your Jamie and Eric!!! Of course Max is celebrating your happiness- (he proabably arranged it :) As Dr Phil always says, love isn't like a bank account- We have an endless supply and opening a new one, doesn't diminish the supply of any others- something like that- your gift to Max is your happiness- that's the magical mystery of love- timeless and eternal- love you---

NanNan said...

It just struck me- twenty years- seems like a long time looking ahead, but how fast it all went!!

Tuffysmom said...

Hi Mikki..will see you soon. Can't wait. You have the itinerary..so I expect someone to pick me up at the airport. I love you lots...mommy....xxxxx ooooo xxxxx