Thursday, June 08, 2006

It's Not Just Me

I found a little column in our weekly free paper, The Express that helped reassure me that I am not a crazy lady. Before Max died, I tended to think that people who claimed to receive "signs" from the dead were just a little wacko, you know, a biscuit or two short of a dozen. Since then, though, I have had experiences of my own that made me wonder. It was kind of nice to read this column and know that I am not entirely insane (or at least, not for this reason *wink*). Anyway, I will share it with you here:

Butterfly Kisses
After a lot of soul searching, I started asking "why" things were the way they were. At one point, I remember reading about life after death. In one book, it said if you want to connect with a passed loved one, it’s as simple as asking them to send you a sign. My mother had died when I was a child and I was desperate for some guidance. Half believing it would happen and half thinking I was losing my mind, I tried it. I asked Mom to send me a sign. I asked for a butterfly. No sooner did I think it when a large, loppy Monarch butterfly fluttered past me. Refusing to believe it was meant for me, I kept pushing my luck and upping my request until I finally asked for the impossible. I wanted a purple butterfly. If I didn’t get it, then without a doubt, it would confirm that no one ‘up there’ was listening. I didn’t get one. I got a cloud of them. Ever since, I get purple butterflies every time I need reassurance. It’s just one of those things in my life that has remained constant. To me, that’s one of my life’s little miracles.

Kim Kielley
Have a miracle to share with Kim Kielley?
Contact her at kkielley@theexpress.ca

4 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Aw Mikki...of course you're not insane. Do you think you could share at least one of your experiences? Lots of love
Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

NanNan said...

Couldn't post a comment all day, now I forget what i wanted to say- thanks for sharing that story- but I've always been wacko- I'm the chairman of the waco inc. I often think of the dream you had of Chris, and how it was really meant for you- there is a bigger picture, and Caitlyn is your butterfly- of that I'm sure- surely wacko?

NanNan said...

Instead of butterflies, what about hundred dollar bills---

Tuffysmom said...

Yes..that dream she had about Chris..how prophetic! I guess none of us ever see the bigger picture!
On a lighter side..I think I had a sign from Mom. She sent John Hamm to my door to knock me out of my pity party!