Friday, May 30, 2008

Excerpts from a letter to my Sailor

Todd has been away at sea for a week now, but luckily they can connect to the internet via satellite, so we are able to e-mail each other almost every day. So, I thought I'd share some of the last one I sent (just a little while ago, actually), since it summarizes the goings-on here. Rest assured, I will edit out any potential naughty bits! This is some of what I had to say:
Here I am writing my nightly note after having snuck away from my tiny, but effective, chaperone :) She is way too good at noticing my absence! Anyway, if I'm lucky, I'll get through this e-mail without interruption.
We had a gorgeous day today - warm and sunny. So this evening, Jamie and I took the girls and the dog up to the ball field, and just let Lily and Caitlyn run wild. Poor Raina could only sit trapped in her stroller, watching all the fun :) And, it was fun! We threw a tennis ball for Lily, but she got so excited that she kept running right past it. Caitlyn had fun too, running after Lily, after the ball, or away from me. I actually got a tiny bit of exercise! So, we'll probably try to do that at least once a week, if not more often, weather permitting of course.
Eric got his fist pay cheque today, and it's a nice tidy sum. He says he can't start paying me back yet, 'cause he has already found somewhere to live, and he needs $350 right away. He's planning on moving on Saturday, so I have to try and corner him before then, and get him to clean up the computer room before he leaves. Wish me luck! Anyway, he'll be boarding at a friend's house whose mother has rented out rooms before. Apparently she'll be cooking meals and everything! I told him not to push his luck, treat her with some respect, and remember that it is not his house... of course, he says "I know! I'm not an idiot!" Um... yeah... :)

Ok, that was actually a bit shorter than I realized... it seemed much longer when I was writing it! But anyway, that's the news for today :)

2 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Sounds like you had a really nice day. It's good for the kids to get out of the house and run around. And the dog too, of course.
And, hey, we wanted to hear some of the naughty bits too...come on...just one naughty bit...hehehehehe.
Lots of love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

NanNan said...

Hey-- she stole my comment-- I wanted to hear the naughty bits-- I guess you're still at it!! Or looking forward to getting at it!!Sounds like good news all around-- Yay for Eric-- I'd like to find a place where someone cooks for me!!