Thursday, May 08, 2008

R D F

The forecast for Spring in St. John's: R(ain) D(rizzle) and F(og). That makes going for walks, working in the garden, even just stepping outside, less than appealing. So, we are staying in and trying to get some inside Spring chores done. Since Eric is home all the time these days, I have made him my personal assistant, and have lots of make-work projects to keep him busy. Oddly enough, he is not thrilled. Nevertheless, he will be changing hard-to-reach light bulbs, washing dishes, vaccuuming, and so on, until he finds a job. I just hope my arm doesn't get tired from all this whip-cracking. We have some necessary renovations to do too - the fan in the bathroom is not working, and the ceiling is peeling paint and getting moldy; probably have to paint the walls in there too. So, there really is lots to do inside, but I am really yearning for some sunny warmth - I think cabin fever is making us all crankier than usual, and yard work actually sounds appealing. Well, maybe not to all of us (Eric does not find yard work appealing)...

3 comments:

Tuffysmom said...

Keep cracking that whip....you definitely do need that personal assistant. Sure hope your weather gets nice soon. We had one nice day, and now it's been raining for the past two days with more to come. Doesn't matter, though...I have a dryer....hahahahaha.
Love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

NanNan said...

Michelle the dominatrix!!! Go easy on him Mikki-- phew! just reading about all that work tires me out! (make sure you buy anti-mold paint for the bathroom!!)

Mike said...

Ahh house renovations... Something I too will begin when we move into our new house!

By the way, I wanted to let you know that you have a beautiful blog (literarilly(?) and visually).. I am envious!!