Friday, August 11, 2006

Newsy-news (no film at 11)

Well, the house on Brookfield Road has been sold, the deal closed Friday, money has been handed over, and I won't be going there anymore. It is a relief to have that finished (all the renovations, etc.), but at the same time, there is a strange sense that something is missing. This week was stressful, 'cause the deal was supposed to close tuesday, but things got confusing...

We are also trying to get ready for the big trip to Ontario next week for Todd's brother's wedding. We scrambled around the whole city Friday, looking for a roof rack and carrier that would fit my car and yet not cost more than the car itself. Finally ended up getting the rack at the Toyota dealership, at surprisingly less cost than expected. So, tomorrow, it's wash all the laundry and get it packed and stuffed into the car. Todd, Travis and Jamie are leaving for the Argentia ferry tomorrow night around 9pm. Caitlyn and I are flying to Montreal on Thursday afternoon. Then, after the wedding, we are going to see if we can visit Paul and Silvia for a night. Then, we head back east, stopping in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia along the way to Cape Breton. Gonna be a long drive... Boy, I hope we survive that! Eric's band is playing in a couple shows, so he will be allowed to stay home, on the condition that he takes proper care of the house and dogs. He will have some supervision - Todd's cousin lives just down the street, and will be dropping in randomly :o)

Anyway, Caitlyn has been smiling like crazy lately, and she's learning how to laugh. She sucks in a bit too much air when she laughs and ends up coughing and sneezing - it's funny! She is still the prettiest little girl in Newfoundland, by the way. And I am not biased!

4 comments:

Fireguy said...

Wow - busy times!! Hope all the travelling and the wedding goes fine. Hey, tell me more about Eric's band. Name of band, type of music, what instrument he plays, etc.

NanNan said...

Thanks for posting amidst all the business- that jelly donut caused me to gain at least ten pounds!!!Caitlyn looks so happy- daddy's little girl--- Good idea to have supervision-- I remember being left alone ------ah hah-- party on!!! Maybe you can get Paul or Silvia into our little network- spiderweb!!! Have a good trip-- love you guys---

Tuffysmom said...

Hi Mikki - good to hear from you again. It is a big job getting a family ready for a trip...I well remember those days. Caitlyn is so cute..I love looking at the pictures of her. Thank Tod for me for the albums he sent. I do hope you get to see Paul and Silvia. And oh yes...my parents left me alone when I was sixteen! I won't tell you what happened, but maybe Dad would. Mom was very unhappy with the police visit and the broken crystal....that's all I'm going to say. heheheheh
Love you very much...have a good trip.
All my love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

Funnyface said...

Have a safe trip, and loads of fun.
And I must say, that is one sweet little girl.Enjoy, because as you well know they grow up, way to fast.

Formerly Teahound.