Thursday, May 24, 2007

Those who mock mini-vans...

...should not then beg to drive them. For weeks I have been debating whether to buy out my Toyota Matrix at the end of the lease, or whether I should just go ahead and get a 7-passenger mini-van, since we will soon have 7 people living in this house. Todd and Travis were both totally against the mini-van idea, as if my owning one would somehow adversely effect their collective man-hood. Silly boys! If they could show me how to get 7 people into that Matrix, then I wouldn't have to consider the mini-van. Besides, if I am the one paying for it, and the one who will be driving it, why do they even get to express an opinion?! So, as of yesterday, I am the proud owner (or leasor) of a brand new '07 Toyota Sienna. I like it. I like it alot. It looks like this:
MamaMobile
Now that it's in our driveway, Todd and Travis are just itching to take it for a spin. I intend to make them wait until I feel like it, considering all the derision they heaped upon it before I got it. It's really driving them nuts, especially since Todd's truck is in it's death throes and can't really be driven anymore. I feel fantasically smug... maybe even a little bit evil *mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa........*

Anyway, that's about all the news for now. We're all doing fine (except for Todd, who is still suffering a little bit from his surgery a couple weeks ago). The weather here has been weird, one day nice and sunny, making us want it more, the next day back to cold, rain, drizzle and fog. I still have nothing put out in the garden *pout* And so, life here on The Rock continues as always :o)

1 comment:

Tuffysmom said...

Wow...I say wow wow wow! I love that car! Sure beats my new TV and Fridge!
And if I were you, I wouldn't let ANYBODY ELSE drive it..hehehehe..you know what I'm like!
Oh God...I can just smell the 'new car smell'.
Room for the whole family!
I hope you don't miss your Matrix though...that was a nice little car. But this Van is Super!
I just posted a blog with a pic of Paul in full Combat gear if you want to have a look.
Love you lots and miss you lots.
Love Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx