Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

Time has a way of sneaking by when you're not looking! Even though it's been more than a week since I last blogged, and I feel like I've been busy, not much has actually been going on around here. Just the usual chores (you know, never-ending laundry, always-dirty dishes, dog hair and dust everywhere). We have been working on the basement/rec room area, but that is taking longer than we had hoped; you know what they say about the best laid plans of mice and men... Anyway, Eric's room is finished, and he's settled in nicely - got his clothes scattered all over the floor, so I guess that means he feels at home. We are now in the process of painting the pool-table area a nice deep red - it's a bit creepy while you're painting, all that wet, glistening red. But I think it's going to look nice and cozy. Travis wants to get creative, and do some kind of artistic wall treatments, but I'm afraid his idea of creative might clash with mine... I did tell him if he wanted to, I'd get a couple large pieces of canvas for him to work on, and if I like the result, I'll put in up on the wall. We'll see if anything comes of that. Our goal is to have the rec room all done in time for Christmas so that Todd can play pool with his buddies when they come over. We have to get the computer room organized too - we still have boxes of books all over the place, waiting for the bookshelves to be finished. Always so much to do - when am I supposed to lounge around eating bon-bons?!

Christmas plans thus far: Todd's mother debated with herself for a few days, and finally just admitted that she wants to be here for Christmas morning! His sister Doris wanted to be here too, but has other obligations, so she'll be coming in on Boxing Day. I am starting to worry that things might get a little overwhelming... this house is going to be like Grand Central Station! Todd and I have been "discussing" plans for the tree - he likes to go out in the woods and chop down the ugliest, most Charlie Brown-like tree he can find, whereas I prefer to shop for a nice, big, fat Nova Scotia tree. We might end up with two trees this year! Another on-going "discussion" - Christmas dinner. Todd's family likes to have their dinner at about 1pm; I prefer to have it at supper time, say, around 6pm. Since his mother is going to be here, and she likes to cook when she's here, I am not sure how that's going to work out. Todd says he can eat dinner at 6pm, and that since this is my house, I can have it when I want it... I'll have to keep you posted on the outcome of that one.

Anyway, I hear the dulcet tones of my darling Caitlyn calling from the bedroom - time to go feed the belly, I mean baby!

Caitlyn - 6 months

4 comments:

NanNan said...

So good luck with the Christmas in-law immersion!!! Hey, if she likes to cook,, let her go for it--- sit back and enjoy--- Just when you think Caitlyn can't get any cuter,, shazam----- what a doll--- wide-eyed and looking cute-- no wonder her grammie wants to be with her on Christmas--- now remember this Christmas will be the precedent-- tradition setting affair--- so get the good tree-- it'll be special to actually feel joy and happiness this year with so much love surrounding you-- from all angles and angels--- love you guys--- can we come too????just kidding!!! not really--

Gillian said...

What a precious picture!!!!

Funny that you mention the Christmas tree... We always get a tree flown in for the school, compliments of Makivik one of the government agencies up here and this year we were all laughing when we first saw it. Usually it is a thick tall beautiful one and this year it is about 4 feet tall and soo skinny looking!

Maybe it was just a bad year!
G.

Funnyface said...

Last year we finally got a artifacial tree, because of my allergies,but its just not the same.
I have to echo nannan's words she is just a doll
Good luck with the painting.

Tuffysmom said...

Caitlyn is so cute...I have a new picture of Megan on my blog. Check it out. I say, go with the Nova Scotia tree, and eat at 6. I can't eat a big meal early in the day! Sure wish we could be there.
Our plans are to have our own meal I guess. And we are getting a real tree. Planning on putting up the lights this weekend. Planning on it anyway. I'm glad Eric likes his room...
I've put in an order to Santa Claus for a digital camera...saw one at Staples for only $99.00. And it wasn't a hint...it was more like an order...Get me that for Christmas or else! Hehehehe. I don't need anything fancy, just something to be able to snap a pic and put it on my blog.
Love you and your family very much mikki...miss you a lot.
Lots of love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx