Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Unfair

New Pharmacist
I found out today that a pharmacy student I worked with a couple years ago just passed away after fighting breast cancer for over a year. This is my little tribute to her, because she had an effect on my life and I will always remember her and smile. Jaclyn Rogerson came to our pharmacy in her final year as a pharmacy student, and although she knew so much more about the chemistry and science behind pharmacy, she always said that she learned the most about the actual work while following me around behind the counter. She was silly, crazy, smart and funny - she could make me laugh on the worst of days. Jaclyn was an important support for me after Max died, she had a unique way of looking at the world that made it just a little bit easier for me. And she was naughty! She thought it was hysterical to stick "For rectal use only" stickers on the sleeves of my lab coat without telling me. When it was time for her to check out my work, she'd say "Step aside, Granny", even though she said she could not believe I was actually more than 10 years older than her. Working with her was great fun, and I missed her when her work term was over. Jaclyn died on May 29, just 28 years old. Unfair.
Run for the Cure, Halifax, '06

4 comments:

Fireguy said...

Yes, it does seem unfair - sorry to hear about your friends loss. It sounds like she had a keen sense of humor.
Love - Jim

Tuffysmom said...

Oh Mikki..that is so unfair. Such a pretty girl and so young. It's very hard to figure out the purpose of things that happen...or even if there is a purpose??
I'm so glad she was such a good friend to you in your time of loss.
I love you very much...miss you all.
Lots of love
Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxxx

NanNan said...

Touching tribute--- I hope someday this will all make some kind of sense!!!

Funnyface said...

May God bless her, and her family,and friends she left behind.