Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Calm after the Christmas

What a busy time we've had! Todd's parents stayed for a couple days, so I had to be sociable almost all the time :o) They kept themselves busy, though - cooking, laundry, working on the bar renovations, etc. Sharon and Russ cooked the entire Christmas dinner, so I didn't have to lift a finger. It was kind of strange, not doing anything in my own kitchen, but Todd's sister Doris said to take advantage of it, and let them feed us. We ate like pigs, and still have tons of left-overs! We had more people come in yesterday, so Todd's mom cooked a ham and made tons of salads. Another day of pigging out, and yet more left-overs... Let's not forget the chocolates, cookies, squares, rolls, ice cream, etc. It won't be hard to "maintain my figure" ~heh heh~
Kids all had fun, lots and lots of presents! Caitlyn seemed to handle everything quite well, as long as she was the centre of attention. With so many people here, it got loud, so Caitlyn would yell louder still to make sure she'd be heard. She must get her social genes from Todd's side of the family! Anyway, I got some nice pictures to share - I'll put them up as soon as I can edit out the red eyes! Here is a little teaser...
Christmas 2006
Once I have the other photos ready, I'll put them in my Yahoo photo album, and add a link for you here.

6 comments:

Fireguy said...

Glad you had such a good time! All that food sounds simply scrumptious.
Take care!

Tuffysmom said...

Glad to hear from you. What happened to my phone call on Christmas Day??? Hmmmmmm???
Paul called last night. He's trying to get his Webcam going. I think I know why!
Glad you had a good Christmas...wish I could have been there.
Love you very much.
Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx

Funnyface said...

It all sounds wonderful!!!!It would be so nice to have someone cook my me for a change, maybe next year (right).Anyway looking forward to seeing more pictures.

NanNan said...

Hey, I know where I'm going next Christmas!!! A mother in law who cooks----- doesn't get any better than that!! Sounds great-- and the good part, they didn't stay long enough for your social battery to wear out!!! Love to all of you!!

Gillian said...

Any chance this inlaw would like to pay a visit to my place up north... I do enjoy cooking but if she is into dishes I could probably cover the cost of her flight! haha...

Have a great New Year!
G.

Tuffysmom said...

P.S. Nannan and I decided we were going to make a surprise visit to your place next Christmas! Hehehehehe.
Oh oh..I don't think it's a surprise anymore.
Lots of love, Mommy xxxxx ooooo xxxxx